Kosher Food Bloggers is a community of food bloggers, brands and foodies that share a common passion for good kosher food and culinary adventure!
ABOUT THE KOSHER FOOD BLOGGER CONFERENCE
The mission of the first annual Kosher Food Blogger Conference is to educate kosher food bloggers and vendors on how to enhance the value of their blogs and overall brands through best practices, sponsorships, technology and partnerships. The Kosher Food Blogger Conference brings together well-recognized food bloggers and professionals and makes them accessible to conference participants. Speakers are chosen for the experience and innovative thinking that they bring to the kosher food blogging community. The Conference programming is built around the topics that are crucial for building an education on social media, photography, writing, branding, marketing, and technology in our current environment. _________________________________________________________________________
When: November 12, 2012
Where: Millesime at The Carlton Hotel 88 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016
Time: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Who: Kosher food bloggers, kosher vendors and kosher blog readers.
What: Food bloggers and professionals openly discussing branding and marketing strategy; hands-on photography seminar; Search Engine Optimization tips and tricks; focus on building and monetizing a brand name.
Sponsorship Opportunities: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship packages. _________________________________________________________________________
BE A PART OF IT
Ticket sales are now open!
- How to Build Your Brand and Q&A
- Keynote Speaker: Jamie Geller, best-selling author of Quick & Kosher: Recipes from the Bride Who Knew Nothing, Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes, Founder and Chief Creative Officer Kosher Media Network, Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine and JoyofKosher.com. New Joy of Kosher Cookbook (William Morrow/Harper Collins) Coming Fall 2013.
- Value of Photography; Food Photography Session and Q&A
- Noah Fecks is a Professional food and dining photographer, based in Manhattan’s East Village. His recent projects have been international cookbooks with Rizzoli, food and personality editorials for Saveur, Prevention and Zagat, as well as Advertising campaigns with JWT and Wagstaff Worldwide. HIs approach to photography is a look and style that incorporates place, venue and preparation into a composed dish and a terrific shot. Noah is half of the celebrated blog thewayweate.net, and is working on his first book with his partner Paul, tentatively titled, The Way We Ate with Simon & Schuster for Fall 2013. Noah is also a photography professor at Parsons School of Design, where he earned his BFA in photography.
- How to Monetize Your Blog and Brand: Panel Discussion
- Leah Schapira, co-founder of CookKosher.com, is a recipe developer and food writer and Senior Food Editor for Ami Magazine, where her Fresh & Easy column is featured. Her most recent cookbook, Fresh & Easy Kosher Cooking: Ordinary Ingredients – Extraordinary Meals, was published by Artscroll in November 2011 and is now in its second printing.
- Ely Rosenstock, CEO and Founder of BookofWin, a social platform for the advertising industry as well as Director of Social Media at Addiction, a New York and UK based modern creative agency. Earlier in his career, Ely managed the M80 New York office as Senior Director of Account Management and Operations. Ely’s experience in digital strategy extends to his previous roles at IT Quadrant, Digitas and Fairchild Publications. Check out Ely’s Thoughts at elyrosenstock.com.
- Dani Klein, Founder of YeahThatsKosher.com, the largest Kosher/Jewish Travel site on the web (20k+ hits a month!), and Director of Social Media Strategy at Mindshare, a large global media agency (member of GroupM / WPP). Prior to Mindshare, Dani has worked in Social Media Strategy at American Express and Digitas, and was previously the Campus Director at StandWithUs, an Israel advocacy non-profit.Chat with Dani about Kosher Restaurants, Travel, Tech, and Social Media on Twitter: @YeahThatsKosher
- How To Prepare a Food Demo and Q&A
- Levana Kirschenbaum, was co-owner of Lévana Restaurant on Manhattan’s Upper West Side (recently closed after thirty two years), and the pioneer in Kosher upscale dining. Levana has published “Lévana’s Table: Kosher Cooking for Everyone”, “Lévana Cooks Dairy-Free!”, and a book-DVD set based on her demo series called “In Short Order .” She has just published “The Whole Foods Kosher Kitchen: Glorious Meals Pure and Simple”. Go onto her website to find out more about her demos, cookbooks, food writing and entertaining stories at www.levanacooks.com.
- Search Engine Optimization Tips and Tricks and Q&A
- Joe Apfelbaum is the CEO of Ajax Union Inc. Internet Marketing and Web Developer, SEO Specialist for a wide range of businesses and industries. Joe is particularly interested in organic search engine optimization on Google, Yahoo and Bing. Check out www.ajaxunion.com.
SOCIAL NETWORKING DINNER
The KFB Conference will be followed by a Social Media Dinner at Abigael’s co-hosted by SweetUp and KosherEye at 5:30 pm. An exclusive night for bloggers and social “foodies” to network and connect with brands, businesses, journalists and cooking personalities. For more information, email email@example.com. The price for this event is not included in the KFB Conference price.
Ticket sales are now open! Buy your tickets HERE!
Melinda Strauss and Shelley Serber, Founders
Phone: (516) 569-4727
We look forward to seeing you at the conference! _________________________________________________________________________